Background & Experience
Pari has over 20 years experience as a
- Leadership facilitator
- Executive coach
- Organizational improvement consultant
Pari works with global companies, executive teams and leaders, supporting them at all stages, starting from new leaders in transition through identifying next career moves and exit strategies. Pari also works with executive teams to improve trust and dialogue, enhance vision and execute strategy. She supports them as a trusted advisor in communication, corporate culture, leading across cultures, and building transparency.
Pari holds a PhD in International Human Resources Management (2007) and a BA (Hons) in Business Studies from Middlesex Business School in London. As an author she has published academic articles and book chapters and lectured Intercultural Communication at the Centre for Global Politics Freie Universität Berlin from 2010-2019. Pari served as the President of SIETAR Europa (2015-2018).
Pari lives in Vienna, Austria and speaks fluent English, Persian and enough German to keep her out of trouble.
Some of her clients include: BAT | Center for International Private Enterprise | Eurasia Foundation, Giesecke and Devrient | GlaxoSmithKline | Holcim | JTI | NSN | Munich Re | Renault | Royal Dutch Shell | Sanofi-Aventis | Sasol | Schneider Electric | Siemens | Statoil | Unilever | UNODC | Women in Nuclear.
Approach & Benefits
Whether working with an individual leader, team or organisation, Pari approaches each client with compassion and curiosity. She invests time listening and learning about their unique situation. Based on this (needs assessment), she co-creates solutions and suggestions which are shared with the Client for their buy-in.
Her work includes:
- Systemic team coaching: Supporting teams to learn from conflict and leverage their strengths
- Leadership team facilitation:
- Strategy to execution, action planning, team alignment, purpose and priority setting, communication, productivity, team building,
- Using assessment and behavioural tools for improved communication and teamwork
- Diversity, inclusion and intercultural awareness
- Talent development: Design and delivery of leadership talent program and growing leaders within an organisation
- Executive level assessment: Assessing senior leaders for assessment (promotion/ hiring) to developing leadership development plans
- Conducting 360 feedback and design of annual development plan (consisting of learning, mentoring and coaching)
- Leaders in transition: Supporting leaders through career transitions, onboarding, promotions, retirement
- Executive Coaching: Supporting leaders at all junctures of their leadership journey
The Benefits: In many cases, Pari operates as a trusted advisor to organisations, starting with one project she usually continues adding value through different levels of the organisation. This approach ensures continuity and deep knowledge not only about the business but individual growth and development within the organisation.
“I worked with Pari for the changes in our organization in growing our business and people. She was very instrumental in designing and executing team building (events) and actions, reflections of our organizational health and corresponding actions incl. coaching. Given her working style, skills and taking care on individual’s and the team’s best performance, I would always work once again with her.” – Ferenc Szelenyi, Managing Director and Group Vice-President Middle-East and Africa at Giesecke+Devrient GmbH
“I had the opportunity to work closely with Pari Namazie in a coaching relationship in 2020. Pari is a warm hearted person with an exceptional way of connecting with people. She quickly senses the emotion and energy levels of her counterpart and can easily flex her coaching approach to meet the needs of the person she works with. I highly recommend you to reach out to Pari, if you are a leader and looking for a coach and sparring partner to develop yourself.” – Ann-Katrin Kackur, VP Head of HR Information Technology & Services Coach Human Resources
“It is my absolute pleasure to recommend Pari! Pari provided me with an intercultural training/ coaching. Pari was very professional, insightful and passionate. She provided me with clear guidance, solid advices and useful suggestions. So I felt at ease to integrate a new culture, to understand the differences and to find my way through. She kept in contact and followed up on my integration. Therefore, I strongly recommend Pari for intercultural consultancy, organizational development and other related topics.” – Edgar Bou-Chahine, General Manager – Schneider Electric Algeria
“Pari worked with Women in Nuclear (WiN) as a facilitator, designing and delivering a series of skills based workshops to our WiN chapter of the IAEA. As employees of or linked to international UN organisations we have very specific requirements, and Pari was able to understand our participants’ and organisations’ needs. She was instrumental in elaborating the workshop concept with us, making sure each workshop module was reflective and appropriate. Her workshop contents and its delivery were effective, energising and engaging.After the workshop series, Pari continued with a follow up report on observations made and corresponding recommendations. This helped us immensely to plan next steps and actions. It was a pleasure working with Pari, her diligence, warm nature, passion and professionalism are outstanding. She goes beyond the boundaries of facilitation/ consulting and soon becomes a trusted colleague, even friend. I would strongly recommend Pari to other organisations, teams and individuals and would gladly work with her again any time.” – Gabriele Voigt, WiN Global President at WiN Global – Women in Nuclear
“I had the pleasure of working with Pari for several years on many projects that necessitated the collaboration of many people, representing different organizations and many different cultures and backgrounds. Pari brought high-level expertise in organizational improvement, leadership development, and intercultural communication. She also brought passion and energy that made her the anchor that kept the projects on the high-level of performance that was needed. Pari also has the ability to see the big picture beyond her role in the projects. She’s a leader to whom people go to naturally for guidance and assistance. She is responsive, kind, and warm. She’s truly a fun person to work with and to be around. When Pari has reached out to me over the past few years, invariably, it has been to seek my advice on how to help needy people in Yemen. Her kindness and passion are infectious. Beyond her talents and her wonderful characteristics, Pari is a consummate professional yet wonderfully personable and warm. Pari has extensive global experience in developing prominent leaders and influential organizations, which is reflected in the design and delivery of her training, facilitation and coaching practices. She gets my highest recommendation, without hesitation.” – Abdulwahab Alkebsi, Managing Director of Programs at Center for International Private Enterprise
Coaching / Facilitation
- Organisational Relationship Systemic Coach Foundations (2022)
- Certified GTCI Practitioner Team Coach (2021-22)
- Certified High Performance Learning Journey (HPLJ) Champion Level, Brinkerhoff Accreditation (2021)
- PCC ICF Certified Coach (2021)
- Advanced Facilitation Skills, Roffey Park, UK (2020)
- CPCC, Certified Co-Active Coach (2019-20)
- World Business Executive Coaching, Coach Master Toolkit, (2018-9)
- Coaching Skills, Frank Bresser, Germany (2012)
- Developing Systemic Coaching Skills, Denkfolg Co., Austria (2011)
- Licensed psi-online facilitator of LIVED Leadership Development program, UK (2017)
- Certified Personal Leadership © Personal Leadership Seminars facilitator, Germany (2013)
- Leadership and Team Management, Facilitator and Train the Trainer, Cegos, France (2009)
Intercultural / Workplace Culture
- Certified Culture in the Workplace (CWQ ©), ITAP International, TWIST Consulting Group, Germany (2018)
- Certified Facilitator for the Intercultural Readiness Check, Austria (2016)
- Cultural Detective, Personal Leadership, Developmental Model of Intercultural Sensitivity Certification, Austria (2011)
- Certified Cultural Detective © Facilitator, France (2008)
- Thiago Interactive Training Strategies, Centre for Cross Cultural Competence, Switzerland (2008)
Professional Presentations, Facilitations and Workshops
- Intercultural Communication and Building Intercultural Competence
- Developing Intercultural Competence in the Middle East
- Instructor for the Intercultural Communication module at the Freie Universität Berlin, (2010-on-going)
- Intercultural Teams and Communication
- Intercultural Coaching to Executives and Directors
Leadership and Organizational Development (for Executives, Managers and Project Teams)
- Strategy, Mission, Vision and Values
- Personal Leadership
- Global Team Development
- Organisational Values and Behaviour
- Setting Team Goals
- Building Joint Venture Capability
HR and Management Development Workshops and Facilitation
- Managing Risk, Building Resilience
- Personal Effectiveness
- Managing Conflict
- Team Working based on the 5 Dysfunctions of a Team
- Management Competencies and Behaviors
- Managing Performance Appraisals and Giving Constructive Feedback
- The Strategic Role of HR
- Recruitment and Selection Strategy
- Competency Based Interviewing
- Job Analysis
- Job Descriptions, Roles and Responsibilities
- Presentation Skills
- Effective Communication Skills
- Team Working and Team Building
List of Publications and Presentations
- Namazie, P. (2017), “De-mystifying the Middle East: Insights, Challenges and Solutions”, Roundtable panel at SIETAR (Society of Intercultural Education Training and Research) Europa Congress, Dublin, May 22-27, 2017.
- Namazie, P. and A. Pahlavnejad (2017), “Human Resources Developments in Iran”, Handbook of Human Resource Management in the Middle East, edited by P. S. Budhwar and K. Mellahi, pp. 161-177, Routledge.
- Namazie, P. and B. Covarrubias Venegas (2017), “Cultural Perspectives on HRM in the Middle East and North Africa”, Handbook of Human Resource Management in the Middle East, edited by P. S. Budhwar and K. Mellahi, pp. 15-30, Routledge.
- Namazie, P. and Covarrubias Venegas, B. (2015), “Culture and HRM in the MENA”, presentation to SIETAR Italy, November 2015.
- Namazie, P. (2015), “Human Resources, Talent and Culture in Iran”, presented at IRASA Conference (joint conference between Iran and Germany), Berlin, 8-9 September 2015.
- Namazie, P. (2015) „Cracks in the Glass Ceiling: A Closer Look at Women, Islam and the Middle East”, presentation to SIETAR Austria, 1 July 2015.
- Namazie, P. (2015), “Cultural Relativism: Where and how the East meets the West”, Panellist on the Second International Arab PR Conference on Cross Cultural Communication, in Vienna, Austria, 3-4 November 2014.
- Namazie, P. (2014), “Human Resources and Talent in Iran”, Panellist on the First Iran-EU Conference in London, 15-16 October 2014.
- Namazie, P. (2014), Panellist on discussion on “Interfaith and Intercultural Issues and Challenges in the Middle East”, The King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz International Centre for Interreligious & Intercultural Dialogue (KAICIID), Vienna, 3 June 2014.
- Namazie, P. (2014), “Intercultural and skills challenges in the Middle East”, Breakfast Briefing for clients, Menas Associates, London, 22 May 2014.
- Namazie, P. (2014), “Intercultural aspect and challenges in the Middle East”, presentation to the Technical University Alumni, 3 April 2014.
- Namazie, P. (2014), “Deal focussed versus relationship focussed cultures – how can we bridge the gap?”, presentation at Doing Business Across Cultures: Overcoming the challenges of cultural etiquette, bribery & corruption laws, Quaynote communications Conference, London, 21 February 2014.
- Namazie, P. (2014), “The effect of sanctions on human resources management in Iran”, in L’économie réelle de l’Iran; Iran en Transition, Harmattan publishing, pp. 109-129, date of release February 2014.
- Namazie, P. (2013), “Intercultural and skills challenges in the Middle East”, presentation to the Euro-Arab Career and Education Fair, Munich, 24-25 May 2013.
- Namazie, P. (2012), “The Role of Women in the Middle East”, briefing to Women in Nuclear, IAEA, 27 September 2012, Vienna, Austria.
- Namazie, P. (2011), ”Resilience: The Art of Survival in the Middle East”, key note presentation to SIETAR USA, 13-16 April, 2011, Denver, USA.
- Namazie, P. (2010), ”HRM in Turmoil: The Effect of the Environment on HRM in Iran” paper presented to 11th IHRM Conference in Aston University, Birmingham, UK, June 9-12, 2010.
- Namazie, P. and Al-Yusuf, M. (2009), Presentation on “The Lives of Muslim Women”, SIETAR Congress, Raleigh, Cary, North Carolina, 1-4 April 2009.
- Namazie, P. and S. Mortazavi, (2009), “Norwegian Expatriates as seen from an Iranian perspective”, in Cultural Diversity in Working Life: Challenges and Measures, Fagbokforlaget Press, pp. 135-150. In Norwegian: “Norske Utenlandsansatte Sett Med Iranske Øyne”, in Kulturelt Mangfold På Arbeidsplassen, pp. 135-150.
- Namazie, P. and P. Frame, (2007), “Developments in Human Resource Management in Iran”, International Journal of Human Resource Management, 18 (1), pp. 159-171.
- Namazie, P. and M. H. Tayeb, (2006), “Human Resource Management in Iran”, Managing HRM in the Middle East, edited by P. S. Budhwar and K. Mellahi, Routledge, pp.1-39.