Consulting and Facilitation : From making recommendations to managing large projects
We have managed and delivered consulting projects and facilitation in the following regions; UAE, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, The Caribbean, Italy, Denmark, Netherlands, KSA, USA and Spain and for clients as diverse as Hong Kong Telecom, New York New England Telecom, Arriyadh Development Company (KSA) , Volkswagen, Somerset Council, Chartered Management Institute, Institute of Business Consulting. Bath University, and Prince’s Trust.. A small sample is shown at the end of this page.
Sections on How to contract a consulting assignments and on Testimonials appear before this section
Whatever your organisational, individual, leadership or team needs are, have Smart Coaching & Training be your first call. Starting with a free strategy session we will discuss your needs and create a proposal to suit you.
Call us on +447788425688 for more details or send us an enquiry
Consulting contracts and how they work
The basic form for consulting is to utilise an associate or several associates for a set number of days in a period. And this can be renewed. The pricing depends on location, whether delivered in person, and is usually a rate for day with additional costs such as accommodation and travel. You send an enquiry, make a payment from an invoice and we set it up for you.
Call us on +447788425688 for more details or send us an enquiry
Be excellent in yourself and what you do
We keep training testimonials with the profile pages of the associates who delivered them. In addition you can see selected testimonials on the flyers assigned to individual Long and Short Courses. We have also some testimonials on the case studies pages on ‘Our Clients’ and on the home page. Documenting all the testimonials for all the training delivered by all the associates is a very long task and the information is elsewhere.
Selection of Consulting and Facilitation Assignments
This is a very small selection of Consulting and Facilitation assignments. Look at individual associate resumes for more details.
Customer Services Team for UAE Al Dhafra
- Responsible for Middle East consulting aspects of the Saudi Arabia arm of leading British Architecture firm particularly with client Riyadh Municipality. Leading projects and programmes related to government, especially related to long term strategy, urban regeneration, public-private enterprise, social housing, executive education. Leading multinational teams. Organisational Development.
- For a global philanthropic organisation founded by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Ruler of Dubai in 2013 to position Dubai and the UAE at the forefront of medical innovation, we conceptualised and delivered a day-long workshop on digital marketing and online communications, which led to their marketing team creating the first-ever online communications strategy for the organisation and, following a series of further trainings conducted by us, and 20% increase in online engagement and a 10% increase in online donations.
- Created an Elite High Performance Centre for an international cricket organization for the Caribbean islands for players and coaches We managed and delivered various development programmes and interventions for up to 300 people a year. Culminating in winning the World Cup and having 7 youth players promoted to the senior team.
- For a Royalty endorsed young entrepreneurs charity, 13-25 year olds with mental health, behavioural and learning difficulties we developed and coached . Duties included; Developing and running programmes to improve personal and social skills, such as, communication, managing feelings, confidence, setting and achieving goals. This went hand in hand with the objective of improving life skills such as; living independently, being healthy, reducing drugs/alcohol/smoking, self care and being ready for work.
- Lead BPR programme for Education “Service to Schools” departments of a local authority. David focussed on improving contact points and communication for the 19 services provided by the council to schools. Developed as-is and to-be models utilising Prince2. Lean/6 Sigma Principles within an MSP framework
- Customer Services Interim Team Lead for UAE Al Dhafra (Western Region) Municipality and at Abu Dhabi Municipality for an International Management Consulting Organisation. Developing and managing the BPR component for Customer Services, developing international leading practice based visionary process (BPR) and frameworks to deliver customer service via any media and through one-stop-shops improving the customer journey by using CRM. Developing and delivering training in customer service soft and hard skills to take account of local culture.
- In Dubai for a government-owned bank, we developed and delivered a flexible and interactive, half day, workshop on personal and organisational online reputation for the bank’s marketing and business development teams, which received 90% positive feedback and key elements of which were later incorporated into a bank-wide training program that has become part of the induction training for new employees.
- Delivered various assemblies and workshops on anti-youth violence, bullying, grooming, marginalisation for two Birmingham Universities. Objectives were to reduce vulnerability and risk of becoming involved in gangs and youth violence, sexual exploitation, first aid, cyberbullying, the impact of girl violence, including gangs, honeytraps and staying safe.
- For a Dutch multinational developer and creator of location technology and consumer electronics, we helped to create and establish a people management culture through building three levels of blended management and leadership development programmes. This was trained throughout various international locations, circa 300 people annually.
- For a Bristol based university delivered of programmes and workshops tailored for young entrepreneurs to run their own start up companies. The objective was to educate students on the fundamentals of business operations and business legal compliance to enable them to register their own business upon leaving the University.
- For a housing trust – Coaching, lead trainer overseeing delivery of adult and youth coaching programmes for residents to help them get back into education, training and employment. Course content included: Self confidence, self presentation, self motivation, goal setting, fitness, health and vitality, nutrition and wellbeing, covering mental health strategies to improve this.
- For a part of one of the largest producers and retailers of processed food products and agro commodities in UAE which includes marketing and brand building, We created a week-long digital marketing and online communications course for senior executives of one of their biggest business units, which helped the teams reduce their agency and paid marketing spend by 25% while increasing the engagement and reach of their online brand communications by 35%.
- For an Academy and Sports College – Delivery and overseeing group coaching, mentoring, one to one support, including Knife awareness assemblies to both staff and students, group coaching programmes on anti-youth violence, bullying, county lines, identity and ethnicity. Also delivery of Attachment training and improving communication for staff using Neuro-Linguistic practices. The objective was to educate students and staff on the risks, dangers and consequences of carrying knives and other weapons. This delivery is often in impoverished areas where young people are marginalised. Therefore programmes were aimed at helping them develop self confidence and awareness, a sense of identity, creativity, life skills, behavioural changes and self responsibility.
- For the UAE Ministry of Economy – we created and delivered a day-long workshop on the future of travel, AI, and the Internet, which formed part of Ministry’s contribution to the UAE’s Innovation Week.
- As Process Improvement Change Project Manager lead two BPR projects in Transport for a local Authority. Focussed on developing internal efficiencies and employee mindset changes to deliver services customers really wanted. Based upon previously delivered training in Change Management and Business Process Reengineering.
- We delivered the management and leadership training to all people managers/directors across the organisation for 5 years for one of the largest British based house building companies which is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. We also successfully created and ran Transition into Management courses to empower their succession planning.
- Part of a team identifying cost saving and cash release opportunities in estates consumables procurement, to define process changes that would yield longer term sustainable benefits for the AGW area of NHS South West. Including Agency Nursing, Estate Management, Orthopaedics, Catering.
- Part of a team designing Somerset Waste Partnership (SWP) processes, analysing 50 waste management processes in 6 district councils using visioning to determine best practice.Economies of 17% were obtained by moving waste management services onto the web.
- Delivery of coaching and training programs throughout the local council authorities on the matter of ‘’Service to Schools.’’ , including; Business Improvement and Continuous Business Improvement. Courses were structured to be delivered over an 8-day period to class sizes of varying numbers.