Background in Psychospiritual Counselling and Coaching
Sheona Della-Fort is a Spiritual Business Coach. She is currently completing a MA Psychosynthesis Psychology which is a Psychology of hope as opposed to other psychotherapeutic interventions which can tend to focus on past and existential dilemmas. It is a psychospiritual or transpersonal psychology. She is also training in psychosynthesis psychotherapeutic counselling and offers clients the added dimension of bringing spirituality into the mix and is happy for clients to bring their beliefs. She is also an authorized pioneer in the Church of England.
She has lived, travelled and volunteered in 35 countries and has worked for the UK Prison Service in Diversity and Inclusion, Operational Audit and Compliance, Psychological Therapeutic Community and was seconded to the Civil Service East Midlands Area to set up projects involving civil servants to volunteer with community projects, business communities, tertiary educational establishments and finance institutions. The cross fertilisation of people enabled both managers, leaders and clerical staff to gain a wide experience of praxis in the community they lived. This contributed to a wide range of engagement as participants gained project management skills.
After meeting and dealing with people who have been traumatized by war, violence and abuse in various forms she joined a veteran’s charity in the UK and started their national phone support service for Area Welfare Managers.
Studying public relations and community leadership in Canada enabled her to gain her to identify her Gallup Leadership Strengths which are Maximiser, Ideation, Strategy, Positivity and Intelligence. She uses these in various organisations she coaches.
At present she also volunteers with the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee for the UKCP to bring about culture free assessments in psychology and how trauma can affect people spiritually as well as volunteering with the Spiritual Crisis Network which looks at spontaneous awakenings, Near Death Experiences, Cosmic Consciousness, Mystical Experiences and Religious Experiences from various traditions.
Sheona also enjoys meditation and is part of SCT Associate Malcolm Lewis’s Radiating Your Light group which brings mysticism into business. Spiritual business coaching is in her DNA and wants to work holistically with body, mind and spirit. She was a guest appearance on SCT’s David Rigby’s radio show in Bristol to showcase the benefits of volunteering.
In her spare time she likes sailing and is a member of the River Aln Boat Club. Her favourite destinations are the Nordic countries of Sweden and Finland
- pictured above with Beryl Comer, NLP/Hypnotherapy Worldwide Expert and with SCT Associate Malcolm Lewis
Approach & Benefits
Sheona coaches leaders and emerging leaders to use meditation as a way of opening to a ‘Tri Phasic’ model of operating and seeing other hitherto unknown possibilities. When an individual is aligned to their ‘soul’ or psychological purpose, then motivation is intrinsic rather than forced upon by external factors. Using the Tree of Life which is a common metaphor across cultures for building resilience and community, she brings alignment to individual, team and organizational values, purpose and goals.
If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.” ― Henry Ford
The benefits of Sheona’s approach include:
- Seeing the possibilities within each individual client
- Working holistically with the client in body, mind and spirit.
- Working cross culturally
- Conflict resolution and mediation using meditation and self-compassion
- Managing change for organisations, communities and clients
- Maximizing potential through recognising emergent energies
- Personal crises may be times of profound psychological and spiritual growth and the need for an empathetic witness
- Dealing with bereavement and loss in an organisation or client in a psychospiritual context
“As a person who has never been counselled by a professional before I am pleasantly surprised by the effect of the work that Sheona has done with me. I am more able and willing to consider my responses to new situations but also those from my past which seems to have opened up a more thoughtful and kinder attitude within me. Sheona is very good at picking up ideas from our conversations and spending time discussing finer details which I, in my rather Gung Ho attitude to life, have never even thought of. Our sessions have been extremely useful for me.”’ -LP
“I was applying for a job after not having had an interview or complete a job application for many years. I was struggling with a lack of confidence and could not recognise the abilities and strengths i had. I had very little faith in myself. Sheona made me realise what i had achieved in my life and what i could do. Through talking and listening she enabled me to look into myself as a person and recognise who i was and what i had achieved. Thus giving me the confidence to promote myself. what you did”’ – LR
“Our children’s children will remember you for what you did”’ – Maasai Elder, Ngoswani, Kenya
“Our thanks again for your sharing wisdom ,understanding and insights in order that l may better understand my inner being and gifting and demonstrating. Much Love”’ – Jenny
“You made a difference and helped to make our prison a better place “– Prison Governor
“The scheme offered our immensely talented Welfare Officers the chance to discuss their work practices “– Director of Welfare, Armed Forces Charity UK
”I have found Sheona to be knowledgeable, personable, easy to work with, and able to both lead and work as part of a team. She knows how to effectively garner the support of those working with her to buy into her vision and execute whatever project she’s overseeing” – Vice President, Enterprise Canada
“Passionate dedication, contagious enthusiasm and a genuine creative approach differentiate Sheona from the rest” – Director Marketing and Strategic Partnerships, Canada
Education and Qualifications
- MA Psychosynthesis Psychology – June 2024
- PG Diploma in Psychosynthesis Psychology
- Psychosynthesis Counselling – Dec 2023
- Psychosynthesis Coaching with EMCC accreditation – June 2024
- CMS Pioneer Leadership Spirituality Certificate
- Essentials of Global Health – Yale University (Coursera)
- Graduate Certificate in Public Relations, Ontario Canada Level 6
- Mental Health First Aid Certificate, RAF Cranwell, Lincolnshire
- Community Coaching with Go M.A.D.
- Introduction to Project Management
- Therapeutic Community Training at HMP Grendon
- Neuro Linguistic Programming Practitioner Certificate
- Institute of Leadership & Management Level 5 Diploma
- Chartered Management Institute Level 3
Other Activities and Professional Contributions
- Increased Operational Audit KPT from 64% to 90% within a year
- Won Engagement and Leadership Award in Niagara, Canada
- Improved financial viability for an international charity during Covid 19
- Held interfaith retreats online with Muslim and Christian groups
- Designed a wild garden for connecting with nature, spirituality and better outcomes for mental wellbeing for a charity
- Fundraised for hospital projects in Guatemala, Hogar Genesis Children’s Home in Peru, housing projects in Tsunami struck Sri Lanka